Incisive Media and Professional Pensions are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/
Sustainability at the Hilton London Bankside:
- All trimmings and leftovers at the venue are re-used in different outlets, what cannot be used again is turned into compost for the hotels herb garden.
- All tea/coffee served is sustainable and coffee beans are recycled though a company called Bio-Beans.
- The following has been used throughout the venue; LED lighting, timers, sensors, energy efficient motors and VSD drives.
- The venue has installed dual flush toilet systems, water saving shower heads, flow restrictors/aerators on taps.
- A sustainable menu has been chosen, which therefore doesn't include red meat.
- The hotel offers green transportation options, such as bamboo bikes for guests.
- Jugs have been used to provide water, which are therefore reusable and saves on recycling.
- 100% of waste is recycled at the venue.