Incisive Media and Professional Pensions are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/
- There will be no printed programmes at the event, all of the information is on the event website, and there will be plasma screens showing the event programme on the day.
- Leftover food and beverage will be donated to an aerobic generator after the event.
- The tea and coffee at the event are NEWBY, an ethical tea partnership.
- Jugs or tap water will be used instead of bottles.
- Has both Green Tourism and Gold standars accreditations
- Endangered species of fish are removed from all outlet menus.
- Use of tinfoil/clingfilm has been removed from all room service orders.
- Meat and vegetable suppliers now supply produce in reusable plastic containers.
- Watt Farms is the venue's appointed fruit & vegetable supplier, based in Orpington. They are traditional growers of herbs and vegetables for the supermarkets and wholesalers. They grow 35-40 different products on approximately 1000 acres and source another 20-30 lines from surrounding farms.
- Energy efficient lighting is used in all properties.
- Recycles peper, glass, card, and food.