Fiduciary Management Focus 2017
Fiduciary Management continues to gain traction, with the market reaching £126bn in 2016, bringing the total number of mandates to 719 according to the 2016 KPMG annual survey. However, around 74% of full mandates are provided by fiduciary managers which are part of a wider consultancy group, raising concerns over lack of competition and conflicts of interest which the FCA highlighted in their recent study.
What does the future hold for fiduciary management in the UK? Will we follow the Dutch market where fiduciary managers account for more than 83% of pension scheme assets, or will Trustees adapt to the challenge of current market conditions to improve scheme governance?
On the 11 July Professional Pensions will be considering these questions at our popular Fiduciary Management Focus event. This concise half day conference will be covering:
- Is fiduciary management a credence good?
- Fiduciary management - the answer to risk reduction?
- What questions should you ask your fiduciary management
- Is fiduciary management doing what it was designed to do?
- Is fiduciary management suitable for DC?