Defined Contribution Conference, 7th September, London
When we think back to what the DC market looked like a mere five years ago, today's DC landscape may almost seem unrecognisable. In recent years, radical changes to the occupational pensions landscape such as: the shift from DB to DC; the launch of AE; the introduction of freedom and choice; and the increasing shift in responsibility, to the individual, have made the DC market increasingly difficult to navigate. Therefore Professional Pensions hosted their second DC Conference of 2016 with our: Defined Contribution Conference in September.
The DC market shows no signs of slowing down and 2015 marked the first year that the number of active savers in UK DC schemes overtook DB schemes.
Our one day conference discussed how the market had developed over the past six months and how we expected the landscape to continue to evolve over the coming months.
Topics discussed included:
- Are you still operating with an off-the-shelf default?
- What do DC members want and understand?
- Master Trusts: Is the grass really greener on the other side?
- Can IGCs stand the test of time?
- The evolution of multi-asset
- Watch your step: Minding regulatory landmines
- Under the microscope: The Lifetime ISA